Friday, July 18, 2014

Teething...

We think Lottie is teething. We have all the drooling


and chewing on hands




and gumming of toys.


Plus, a couple of nights ago she woke up crying twice, which is incredibly unusual. She has also been a little congested. And 1 day ago, we had The Ultimate Spit-Up. The last 2 things I do before I leave for work are feed Charlotte and then change into my work clothes. The Ultimate Spit-Up reinforced the order of those last 2 things. I had just finished feeding and burping Charlotte and had set her in my lap facing me. With no warning, she projectile spit up 4 times all over me. I mean Spit Up with capital letters. It felt like so much more than she had eaten. I called Chris in to take her, worried that she was sick. However, as soon as the last projectile left her I was greeted with this face:


Clearly, she felt better. Chris took her from me since I was soaked from neck to waist--literally dripping spit-up (of course Charlotte barely had any on her because it shot straight at me). I ended up having to shower both of us before I could head to work. It was very uncharactistic of her, so I think it may have been due to an upset stomach, possibly from teething?

For you moms and dads out there, any teething tricks or must-have toys? We would love all the advice y'all have to offer!


2 comments:

  1. We used a lot of those ice teething rings... they seem to bring Mikayla instant relief... and occasional Orajel (sp?) for babies. Also there are some holistic teething pills she took until about a year ago when she got her molars... they always seem to calm her... and almost immediately. I'll see if I can find the name of them for you so you can check them out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are called Hyland's baby teething tablets. Orajel has some, too. They work like a CHARM! :)

    ReplyDelete