Sunday, July 6, 2014

Dear Daddy - Day 2

Dear Daddy--

Mommy and I thought it would be fun to tell you how much we loved spending last week with you. We really enjoyed having you all to ourselves with no med school hanging over you. Even all the errands we ran for your upcoming trip were fun because there was no studying for you to rush home to do.

Mommy, the puppies, and I loved your last minute invitation to go with you to gorgeous Lake Jocassee for your final scuba certification dive.


It was a beautiful day, so Mommy and I really enjoyed relaxing at a picnic table overlooking the lake while you dove.



Then, you joined us for a picnic lunch. It was the perfect day to be outside. We were so glad we went with you.

 
On Wednesday, Mommy and you took me to my first baseball game--Greenville Drive v. Asheville Tourists. I had a great time with our friends from VCOM Brandon, Virginia, and Harrison (my soon-to-be friend, Piper was actually born the very next night). It was very hot, but I did not mind. It was so exciting with all the noise, lights, and people that I was not tempted to nap even once.
 
 
You had the best idea for Thursday night: a living room slumber party date. I love the story of how living room slumber party dates started. It did not surprise me that Winnie and you broke the bed rough housing 3 years ago (did Mommy say "I told you so?"), so Mommy and you slept on your mattress in the living room for a week until you could fix it. Now, setting up the mattress in the living room makes for a fun date night.
 

 
Finally, I am so glad you took me to see the Spartanburg fireworks show. I know why the 4th of July is your favorite holiday, Daddy! They were so shiny and big. I couldn't help but stare wide-eyed the whole show.
 

 
But really the best part was just hanging with my Daddy.
 



 
Mommy and I love you and miss you!!!! Mommy says to remember sunscreen!
 
Your Lottie-bell
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment