Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Return to the Motherland – Part 1

Post written October 16, 2014

As I sit writing this post on the front porch of the Aero-Bee Ranch enjoying the 78 degree weather and listening to the breeze rustle the trees, I can’t help but feel at peace. It is so quiet here with no road sounds or city noise.


It is incredibly beautiful here at my favorite place on Earth. Don’t get me wrong, upstate South Carolina is gorgeous and probably prettier by most people’s standards than Texas Hill Country, but Texas Hill Country has something special to me that no place ever could or will have.


It is so good to be home.

It has been 9.5 months since we were last in Texas, and 16.5 months since we were last at the ranch. This week has been amazing already. We have loved every moment of introducing Lottie to our friends and family here in Texas and soaking up time with them as well.
Chris wrapped up block 5 on Friday, and we flew out Saturday afternoon. I planned Lottie’s entire schedule around our 145 pm flight. My plan was to give her a bottle after we boarded, so she would be eating while we took off (sucking is supposed to help them clear their ears), and we skipped her second nap, so she would fall asleep after eating. And sure enough, she got hungry at 145 pm and fell asleep right after the bottle; however, our flight was delayed 40 minutes, so my brilliant beyond brilliant mommy planning was for naught. She did wonderfully though.
 
Napping
 

Trying to entertain the baby in tight quarters
Our first order of business on Saturday was eating Tex-Mex with Gran, Papa, Uncle Chuck, Leena, Brian, Sarah, Dad, & Mom. Oh glorious Tex-Mex! It was incredible finally introducing my grandparents and uncle to Lottie.
Sunday, I hosted a baby shower for Sarah with 3 other wonderful ladies. We used her nursery theme of navy, red, white, & planes. I think it came off very well. I love doing being able to do things like this for a sister. God blessed me with an amazing SIL. I can’t wait to meet precious baby Luke!
 
I was in charge of the diaper cake. I kinda of winged it (pun intended), and I think it turned out pretty good.
 
*punch pic
 
 
Meeting Great Grandma Atteberry or Great Mimi if you will
On Monday, we had lunch with family friends and then attended a party Gran and Papa hosted, so our oldest (in length of time, not age) family friends, the Rossy’s, could meet Charlotte. Lottie also got to meet Aunt Karen.

4 generations of women :)
 
Aunt K & Lottie
 
Uncle Chuck & Lottie (this is fairly standard for him haha)
 
Tuesday, Charlotte and I went with my mom to her weekly coffee gathering, so she could share her grandbaby with them. Then, we took Lottie to Dad’s office, so he could enjoy showing her off. She was a little charmer at both as usual. After lunch at James Coney Island (a Houston treasure), Chris and I went to Bass Pro Shop, so he could spend his birthday money, which was burning a hole in his pocket. My mom sweetly took Lottie home for a nap. We may have over planned the poor thing a little. She hung in there gallantly, but at this pace, I could sense a meltdown brimming on the horizon. For dinner, we met up with the Noworatzky’s at Ruggles-City Centre. We were so excited to introduce our little girls to their future bff. They hit it off right away, of course.


 
 
It was great seeing Hattie & Josh and seeing a preview of what the next year would bring (Elli is 20 months old).

Notice how the little girls just ignore whatever madness their fathers are doing

After all the crazy, non-stop activity, we left for the ranch on Wednesday, which is where I sit now soaking up every moment. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment