Friday, January 16, 2015

Lottie's First Christmases #1 & #2

We spent 3 weeks travelling for Christmas. And I have to say that Lottie was a champ. She is a road-tripping pro. She kept her schedule perfectly and entertained herself very well even during the 12 hour days.


In the evenings of long days, I would climb in the back and keep her company for an hour or so, but she was pretty happy either way. She did enter the clingy stage a bit on this trip. We think she saw so many new people and places that she just needed mom to stay a little closer than usual. That being said she still hung out with everyone just fine. Like I said, she was a champ.

Cracker Barrel along the way

Before we left, I had several people ask me what we were doing for Lottie's first Christmas. When I told them that I hadn't even had the chance to decorate and that we were only giving 4 toys I had found at garage sales (money is tight with me staying home and hey, she doesn't know the difference) as well as several used books I had found at various places, they often seemed a little surprised if not slightly disapproving. Let me just say that Chris and I did not drop the ball. Lottie had 6 Christmases. That's right. SIX.

1) Oklahoma Christmas with the Lewis'

We decided to start the trip by spending a couple of days with my best friend, Carrie, and her family (aka my second family) at their family ranch in Sallisaw, OK. We left Thursday, spent the night in Memphis, and headed to Sallisaw the next day. We arrived much later than planned due to a mishap picking up Carrie and her husband Jeremy from the airport (let's just say there was a lot of confusion regarding which airport they flew into and Chris and I ended up 1.25 hours away at the wrong one), but we got there with Carrie and Jeremy.

Their ranch is beautiful, and we always have a great time with the Lewis'.

Walking the cow pastures

They have to be one of the most loving and welcoming families I know. I loved introducing Lottie to them and seeing everyone.

Clockwise from left: Mrs. Lewis & Lottie, Mr. Lewis & Lottie, Carrie &"", Jeremy & "", Carrie bathing Lottie)

Carrie, Mr. Lewis, & Jeremy taught Lottie how to drum on pans.

They sweetly showered Lottie with many gifts, including 2 super cute pink John Deere outfits and socks and a book about the First Christmas.


Chris' gift from Carrie & Jeremy
"Obama can't ban these guns"

Lottie absolutely loved being surrounded by 6 dogs, including an 11 week old red heeler puppy.


Though her favorite was probably Pistol, the Boston Terrior.


She also met a goat and a horse.



It was a fun adventure and a fantastic wayt to start our trip. I am so glad we got to spend time with Auntie Carrie and the whole Lewis family. We sure love y'all!!

Clockwise from Left: Me, Mrs. Lewis, Emma, Carrie, Jeremy, Chris, & Lottie

(Carrie--this is my favorite pic of y'all two. You look beautiful.)

2) Katy Christmas with the Atteberrys

We arrived in Katy late Sunday. The couple of days in Katy were a whirlwind of visiting and preparing for Christmas. On Monday, Alicia drove out to Katy to hang out for the day. I was so glad we got to see her!

Alicia with Lottie & Me

My parents, Alicia, Chris, and I took Charlotte to see Santa at Bass Pro Shop. They were supposed to have a number system, but instead they just had a line. We waited for 2 hours. Basically, we each took turns waiting in line while the others did Christmas shopping in the mall. Still, not sure we will do that again. Being Charlotte, she smiled real big for Santa. No screaming or tears. She is Chris' daughter for sure--loves anyone and everyone.


Chris exclaiming over the fact that Lottie met the real Santa!

That evening, we met my mom's family at Fuzzy's Pizza for our traditional Christmas Eve dinner (well, ok, it was a few days early this year, but we were all going to be in different places).

Great Gran & Lottie

Fun with Great Uncle Chuck

The following day we celebrated Christmas with my dad's family, aka Christmas #2. Chris and I had not seen most of the family since the previous Christmas, so they had not met Lottie before. She received super cute clothes, books, and some toys, including a turtle that sings, which she loves. It only took 2 days for Chris and I to memorize the songs it sings. Haha.
"I'm a little turtle, small & green. 
Ready for an adventure.
Just you and me"

Great Grandma & Lottie

Great Uncle Mike & Lottie

Cousin Sandy & Lottie


Four Generations

Christmases #3-#6 to come. I know, cliffhanger, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment