Saturday, January 31, 2015

Dear Daddy - Visiting Luke

Dear Daddy--

This is my second time away from you, and boy do Mommy and I miss you. When we left you Tuesday morning, I got to fly on a plane for the second time. Mommy says I was really good. I slept the first half of the flight. When I woke up, I got my own seat since the plane was very empty. I even ate my snack off the seat's tray like a big girl.



During the day, Mommy and I hung out with Gigi and Poppa. Poppa watched me while Mommy and Gigi went to the grocery store. I decided to reveal my skill of sitting up from laying down to Poppa several times. Mommy says I was sneaky by keeping that from her. Tuesday evening, we met up with Great Gran, Great Papa, and Great Unk Chuck for dinner. Great Gran and Great Papa gave me some new books. And, that Great Unk Chuck is so silly. He fed me some guac, which I loved. Mommy says that means I am a Texas girl.



Wednesday morning, Gigi, Mommy, and I left for Waco to spend the week with Uncle Brian, Aunt Sarah, and Luke. We have had a great time playing with them.







 As you know, on Thursday, Mommy went to Austin for a memorial service, so I spent the day with Gigi, Aunt Sarah, Uncle Brian, and Luke. Gigi said I was very good. She even gave me milk in my new straw cup, which I love.


Friday was the best day. We went to the Cameron Park Zoo. It was so cool. There was an aviary with ducks, pelicans, herons, and gulls. We got to walk through it amongst the birds. I loved seeing all the birds so close. And, of course, I loved the giraffes. They are my favorite.


 

Luke didn't seem to enjoy the zoo as much as I did. Mommy said I slept through the zoo the first time I went, but I don't think I would have slept through the giraffes.

My first visit to the zoo - 7/24/2014


I loaned Luke my hat because he was cold, so Luke wore my pink hat--hehe. Uncle Brian got in trouble from Aunt Sarah because he used my sleeping cousin as a map holder. I didn't see the problem--it sounded like something you would do. Luke started crying when we were by the cougar exhibit. Both cougars woke up and stalked us as we walked around their enclosure. It was really creepy. Other than that, it was a lot of fun.




That night, we had dinner with Great Aunt Karen and Great Uncle Chris.



Great Aunt Karen let me eat rice off her plate and fed me queso. I LOVE CHEESE.


Today it was rainy and cold, so we stayed in. Mommy and Aunt Sarah took pictures of Luke and me in my onsie that says "My Cousin is my BFF." Mommy told me it was a little tricky since I don't know how to touch a baby. I don't know why she said that--I was just patting his head like I do the dogs. They never seem to care.


We are obviously having a great time here with Gigi, Poppa, Uncle Brian, Aunt Sarah, and Luke, but we really really wish you were here too. Thank you for the card--Mommy and I love it. I like to read it over and over.


We love you lots and lots and lots, Daddy!!!

- Your Lottiebell

No comments:

Post a Comment