Sunday, September 28, 2014

Happy Birthday Best Hubs Ever!

I am going to take a moment to give my hubs a huge shout out. This will be sappy, so I apologize for all you people who aren’t fans of public declarations of sap. You may want to stop reading. I just have to share how incredible my husband is and explain why he is the absolute best hubby ever.

First, my acknowledgements:

 I have to give a huge cosmic thank you to my Daddy for exemplifying the qualities of a good husband and father. Because of him, I knew that I needed (and my Daddy even made me feel that I deserved) a husband that would love his family (and tell them daily) and put them first all while working hard to provide for them to the best of his abilities. Because of my Daddy, I waited for such a man and am soooo incredibly glad I did.

More than all of that, an infinite thank you to my Father of Fathers for blessing me with such an earthly father and creating Christopher Hardegree especially for me. Thankfully, our God does not give us the things we deserve, instead He gives us things beyond our wildest expectations and dreams. Even though I knew how a good husband should be, I could never have imagined such an outstanding man as Christopher Hardegree.

And the sappiness will probably only increase from here on out.

"How do I love thee? Let me count the ways:"

1) Chris is an outstanding gift giver. He knows me so well and puts a lot of thought into his gifts. Every gift he has given me has been perfect. He listens to me (whoa! he is a keeper, right ladies???) and makes mental notes about things I mention. He also surprises me regularly with flowers. Out of everything the best gift is probably my engagement ring--I still think it is the most beautiful ring I have ever seen to this day, and he picked it out all by himself.

My engagement ring

My Mother's Day gift (Charlotte's birth stone)
 
Flowers sent to me at work to help me survive my first busy season as a mom
 
2) He is extremely brave, and I know he would do everything in his power to protect Lottie and me. I always feel safe when he is around.

 
But, really he is and he would. I just don't have a picture that would convey that.
 
3) He is very attractive and is getting more attractive as he ages.



4) He is the best father to a little girl. Lottie lights up when he walks into the room. She is one lucky little lady--her daddy dotes on her.



 
 
5) He makes up silly songs and appreciates my silly songs (which not everyone would, trust me). He made up the following jingle to a super catchy tune:
I am Beth
I am brilliant
And I am beautiful
I am Beth
I am brilliant
And I am beautiful
I am really stinking smart
I am like a work of art
And I make him happy

This is so catchy that it randomly pops into my head and really brightens my day (well aside from feeling weird singing a song about myself in my head).

6) He keeps Lottie & I laughing...and laughing...and laughing.



7) He is amazing with people. He can make anyone feel welcome and at home, and he has made me better at this as well. It is what most people, including myself, admire about him. He is going to be the best doctor.



8) He loves to hunt. Never knew I would love this in a guy, but I do. I love that he goes outdoors and brings home food for his family. I especially love the way he respects animals and the outdoors. True hunters love the animals they hunt.


9) He always knows where my keys are--something I do not. (No picture of this because I can't take a picture of my keys without knowing where they are.)

10) He is the best story teller, and I mean the best story teller. I think I am improving after 7 years of watching the master. (If you want to see it first-hand, ask about the sandhill crane incident).

 
 
11) He helps around the house, and no matter how busy he is, he takes out the trash--my least favorite chore. It means a lot to me that he takes time out of his crazy med student schedule and does this for me.

12) He is romantic. He plans super creative dates and surprises me with random notes or flowers. He also makes sure we get regular dates. He puts a lot into our marriage.


 
 
13) He is very very very hard worker. I can't say enough how proud of him I am. He is doing amazing things.


 
 
14) He tells me I am beautiful and that he loves me every day. I never feel more special than when Chris is around. I am a very lucky lady.


And I love him for a thousand more ways. I can't count the ways.

Boo--Thanks for the incredible journey you are taking us on. It is a long road and sometimes I know we wonder why we are doing it, but we both trust God will get us where He wants us. No matter we end up I know you will get us there laughing. Happy 29th Babe!!! I love you!!!

1 comment:

  1. Y'all are too cute! The internet should be filled with more sweet love notes like this :) You gave me a moment of panic, though -- I was worried I had gotten the day wrong and missed my yearly chicken squawk appointment!

    ReplyDelete