Thursday, April 3, 2014

Charlotte Jean is here!!

Most of y'all know Charlotte Jean is here. She arrived Monday at 2:50 pm. She weighed 8 pounds 9 ounces and measured 20.75 inches long. We are still in awe of this beautiful addition to our family.

Her Birth Story (no over-sharing I promise)

We decided to induce Monday morning since I was already 4 cm and it was the beginning of Chris' week off. I was hesitant at first, but I am really glad we did now. I am so glad I am getting to work through everything with Chris right there with me (completely unstressed and not busy). He is my perfect match in everything, and this is no different. We arrived at the hospital at 6 am, started Pitocin around 730 am, and had my water broken around 930. That got things going, and I was asking for the epidural 15 minutes later. I didn't get it until about 1.5 hours later, and I must say Best. Decision. Ever. I know it isn't for everyone, but I am sooooo glad I got one. It took away all my pain from contractions, and I think greatly diminished the pain later from delivering a baby 1.5 pounds more than the doctor expected. Around 1 pm, I started pushing. When she arrived 2 hours later, the doctor made a comment about how the baby just kept going as she pulled her out and then told the nurse to get her on a scale to see how much she weighed. The 2 hours of pushing were definitely due to her size. All in all the labor and delivery was quick and fairly easy though, and we think she is perfect in every way. What a gift from God. Here are pictures from her first day.


Family of 3
(Not looking my best, but decided we should share this anyways) 


Red hair - a special unexpected blessing as this came from Chris' mother
- a special memorial of her

Meeting the grandparents

Chris sharing the news with his dad


Already wrapped around her finger

Grandma with her first grandchild

Grandpa with his first grandchild








1 comment:

  1. Aww, I love the last one of you! I decided to check just to see if you had posted anything ;-) Special surprise for me! Congratulations on your little miracle. - Pam

    ReplyDelete